LOUISVILLE – With nearly 600 participants registered, the annual Louisville Pure Tap ™ 5K took place on Saturday in perfect race conditions at the start of the race. The race was back for its 10th year, after being canceled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Race participants started and ended at Louisville Water Tower Park, home to Louisville’s award-winning drinking water, and followed a route that stretched east to west on River Road.
Skylar Goodman of Fort Knox took second in the women’s division with a time of 18: 28.67, just behind Katherine McClain of LaGrange who took first place with a time of 18: 11.53.
Jared Reckard of Louisville won the men’s division in 14: 58.94, ahead of second David Grieshaber of Louisville, who clocked 15: 22.65.
Top 2021 Louisville Pure Tap ™ 5K players:
• First place: Jared Reckard of Louisville, Ky. With a time of 14: 58.94
• Second place: David Grieshaber of Louisville, Ky., With a time of 15: 22.65
• Third place: Ali Faraji-Tajrishi of Louisville, Ky., With a time of 15: 49.87
• First place: Katherine McClain of LaGrange, Ky., With a time of 18: 11.53
• Second place: Skyler Goodman of Fort. Knox, Ky., With a time of 18: 28.67
• Third place: Sara Mahoney of Louisville, Ky., With a time of 19: 06.30
Full race results can be found by logging into puretap5K.com.
The Louisville Pure Tap ™ 5K is the first run in the Louisville Sports Commission Fall Runathon, a three-part fall run series that offers unique runs and quality experiences for runners and walkers. Following the Louisville Pure Tap ™ 5K, the Norton Sports Health 10K, which will take place on October 2 at Parklands of Floyds Fork. The Fall Runathon ends with the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon presented by Jim Beam® on October 16. To register or for more information, log on to FallRunathon.com.