Spring is the perfect time to be outdoors and explore new things. Your ultimate destination: Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. We’ve compiled a list of springtime adventures that cater to all kinds of tastes and budgets. Are you ready? Dive.
Cycling is one of my favorite activities on a beach vacation. Perfect for a solo ride or a full family adventure, there are many beautiful places to rent and ride bikes around Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
Some trails to walk:
- Coyote Crossing Trail: Distance – 3.2 miles | Difficulty – Moderate
- Hugh S. Brandon Backcountry Trail: Distance – 28+ miles of trail options | Difficulty – Easy-Moderate
- Fort Morgan Trail: Distance – 10.8 miles | Difficulty – Moderate
- Graham Creek Nature Reserve: Distance – 10 miles | Difficulty – Easy-Moderate
- Shelby Lake Loop: Distance – 6 miles | Difficulty – Moderate
2. Bird watching
You may not be able to fly like a bird, but you can still enjoy watching them roam the sky and the ocean. One of the best places to see our feathered friends is Fort Morgan, located 22 miles west of Gulf Shores in Mobile Point. As a migrant trap for a variety of species, you’ll likely spot wading birds, terns, or even the occasional rarity.
For the full list of outdoor activities you must try right now in Gulf Shores, click here.